Hotmail, which is known as Outlook, is an email service that lets you create an email account for free. You can use your old Hotmail account (@hotmail.com) or create a new email on Outlook (@outlook.com). It is a free service, and one can create and use it for free lifetime. One can easily create a new Hotmail account in a few steps.
If you want to know how to create a new Hotmail / Outlook Account, this how-to guide will help you accomplish this task. With this new Hotmail account, you will get access to all Microsoft products like OneDrive, Skype, and many more.
Hotmail Account Sign Up
Note that Outlook/Live replaces Hotmail name by Microsoft after they take it over. However, irrespective of its name, you can still signup with the hotmail.com suffix. How? Here are the steps.
- Open your web browser and type any of these in the address bar:
- You can see sign up page on your screen. As you are creating a new account, click on the “create free account” tab. It is located at the right bottom of your screen.
- A signup screen will appear. Now, you have to fill in all the asked details one by one. First, enter your first name and last name. It will be your account title, and you will receive all the emails by this name.
- Click on Next, and it will ask you to choose a username. Choose username wisely. Not too hard, not too short, or not too long. Make sure it is easy to remember when you share it with someone.
- Choose the one. If it is already in use, you have to choose another one. Be creative and pick one name.
- You want a Hotmail account, and hence do not forget to choose the Hotmail logo from the Dropbox instead of the Outlook account.
- The next thing is password creation. It is the most crucial part of the Hotmail Signup process.
- Remember chooses a strong password that includes Uppercase, Lowercase, Special Character, and number. Note that you need it whenever you sign in to your account, so make sure you remember it.
- It would be best to write the password in a personal diary or protected digital device so that you can’t forget it.
- Re-enter the password in the next book for confirmation.
- Select the country.
- Next, select your age. There is no minimum age limit ad; hence kids you can also enjoy its service.
- Pick your gender. and if you don’t want to choose “Not Specified.”
- It’s time to choose the country code. Also, it will ask for your mobile number, and it is mandatory.
- Do not worry; if any unauthenticated person tries to log in to your account, you will get a notification on your number. Hotmail also uses your number to recover your password if in case you forget. So it is mandatory.
- Also, you have to provide an alternate email address. If you don’t have one, offer one of the trusted persons from your family or friend.
- Fill the captcha code and verify you are human.
- Check the checkbox only you want offers and notification from Microsoft. We won’t recommend you to do so.
- Lastly, click on the create account tab, and your account is ready to connect the world.
- Now you are on the welcome screen. Here click the arrow and choose your language and time zone.
- Next, pick the theme. There will be 50 free themes from which you can select anyone.
- And in the end, choose the signature style. Signature usually makes your email more professional and sophisticated. And if you add it, every time, it will automatically add in your email without any extra effort.
- Click on Let’s Go! and you are all set. Now you can see your email inbox. It has one mail from the Microsoft team.
It is all about Hotmail sign up process. Hopefully, these step by step guide has done the help that you are looking for. If you have any doubts, you are always welcome to ask it. TIA!!