Want to close your Microsoft account? Or delete your Outlook or Hotmail account? Here’s how to do it properly.
Yes, you can delete or close a Hotmail account due to any reason. There is no need for any documentation or follow a lengthy procedure. Here is the guide with step by step details to delete or close your Hotmail account. Have a look.
- Open hotmail.com from your web browser and enter the right credentials (Email & password) to sign in to your account.
- You can see your profile image or your initials (if you have not set up the photo) at the screen’s top right corner.
- Click on it and choose the view account option.
- From that, click on security & privacy >>more security settings.
- Now, you will receive a request to verify your identity. Here you have to enter your registered mobile number or email address to send the code.
- As soon as you click on the send code, the Microsoft service will send it to the selected option.
- Open it and enter it, the box reflected on your screen.
- Click on the submit tab.
- Next, scroll down and click on the close my account option.
- It will ask you for an account login. Please do it. You also have to verify your password as you are closing your outlook account.
- enter your email and password and click Next.
- Now read the list from the drop-down menu and choose the reason why you want to close the account.
- Next, click on Mark account for closure, and you can see a notification pop up on your screen that informs you could re-open your account within 60 days/
- Click on Done, and your account is close.
When you close your Hotmail or outlook account, you will lose access to all the services associated with Microsoft.
You will lose;
- all email and contacts
- all the events, entries, and other things on the calendar
- Everything placed in OneDrive
- Access to office 365, if you have
- Access to Xbox Live account, if you are using the outlook email address
- Skype login access
Make sure you get a backup for everything listed above. However, you can re-open it within 60 days of deactivation. After 60 days, it will automatically delete your Hotmail account.
Delete or remove Hotmail is easy but make sure you do it wisely; otherwise, you can face significant data loss in such a case. What are your thoughts on it?